Thursday 20 January 2011

Guest Mix - DJ Kieran Lockyear (Beats Of Music) - A Few Soul Brothers Mix

Welcome back!

I hope you’re all well and good as we slowly slip into winter mode around these parts. As promised I return here today with some very special Soul heat to warm things up.

It’s been a while since we had a guest mix here at The Hook And Sling but I’m glad to be able to kick off a brand new round of external contributions here, starting with a good friend of mine.

DJ Kieran Lockyear also hails from my home town of Chichester and has been a long time record collector and promoter of his own night, "Little Bit of Funk, Whole Lotta Soul". If you're in the area you can catch the next instalment at The Four Chestnuts on Saturday 30th October 2010.

His mix featured here today has already done the rounds on Mixcloud and has also been getting heavy plays at Hook & Sling HQ, so I know this is something you will all dig as well!

Ladies And Gentlemen, give it up for DJ Kieran Lockyear…….



“I'm DJ Kieran Lockyear / Beats Of Music.
I also live in Chichester where The Hook and Sling have been hosting their monthly night for a few years now.
I'm a massive fan and collector of music in general but mainly collecting Northern Soul and Funk these days.
I host a night called "Little Bit of Funk, Whole Lotta Soul" and DJ around the South Coast whenever I get the chance.”

You can find more of DJ Kieran Lockyear’s mixes on Mixcloud along with info on his future nights HERE



Track List


Lou Rawls - A Natural Man

The Brilliant Korners - Three Lonely Guys

Jimmy Delphs - Almost

Stanley Mitchell - Quit Twistin' My Arm

Clarence Murray - Don't Talk Like That

Richard Barbary - Get Right

Lou Rawls - When Love Goes Wrong

Jimmy Delphs - I've Been Fooled Before

Stanley Mitchell - Get It Baby

Howard Tate - Its Too Late

Claude Huey - Why Would You Blow It

Rufus Wood - Before 2001

The Valentinos - Sweeter Than The Day Before

The Fantastic Johnny C - Look What Love Can Make You Do

Eddie Floyd - Big Bird

Little Caesar & The Empire - Everybody Dance Now

Eddie Parker - Love You Baby

Larry Williams & Johnny Guitar Watson - Too Late

Download DJ Kieran Lockyear’s (Beats Of Music) A Few Soul Brothers Mix HERE




No comments: