Thursday 20 January 2011

Mr Double Down Presents The Jibba Jabba Mix

Welcome back! We’re just over 4 days away from our return to The Brown Sugar Bar when we’ll again be joined by our guest Dj Jamie C. You can expect the usual blend of soul and funk floor fillers, and with interest already being voiced from certain camps around London it’s looking like it’s going to be another good one!


Today’s mix is a small selection of new and old 45s from my collection. In particular lend an ear to the David Robinson and Vera Hamilton tracks at the start of the mix, as well as the Wolfpack 45 on the back straight, which has been getting a mixed reaction of late. I may try and slip another post in before Saturday, If not we'll be be back after the weekend with more of the Good stuff and also a couple of very special guest mixes I have in the pipeline. I pity the fool who doesn't come back..........



Track list (Click on individual track titles for label scans)


David Robinson – I Like It Like It Is – Orbitone

Vera Hamilton – But I Ain’t No More (G S T S K D T S) – BGP Records

Peace And Love – Come On Up – Juke

The Contours – First I Look At The Purse – Tamla Motown

Alvin Cash And The Hundred Dollar Bills – “It’s Party” – Seventy 7 Records

Wolfpack – Get Involved Pt1 - White Label Test Press

Bettye Swann – Kiss My Love Goodbye – Atlantic

Bob And Gene – Your Name – Mo Do




No comments: