Thursday 20 January 2011

“Shake Your Head, A Boo-Ga-Loo, Look At Your Leg, A Boo-Ga-Loo”

Welcome back!

I hope you're all well and good as we plod on towards the imminent freedom of the aproaching weekend?

Here at my end things are finally on the up. Not only has my ailing laptop finally been given a new lease of life with a brand new OS, but my troublesome internet connection has also been resolved of the issues that have prevented me from posting here from home as regularly as I would like!

Couple all this with the fact that an underperforming England side seem to have (temporararily) ironed out their problems and progressed through to the final 16 of the World Cup and things are almost too good to be true! Good times!

So as the expression goes, let's make hay while the sun shines!

Today's 45 continues on with the feel good vibes, and should give you that much needed push to make it on to the finishing line of the working work.



Alvin Cash is an artist that I've previously featured here at The Hook & Sling before. I always pick up his 45s whenever I stumble across them out digging and if I'm going to be honest, I have yet to be disapointed!

Today's 45 of choice, 'Alvin's Boo-Ga-Loo' was one of his singles that materialised on my last digging spree. Realeased in 1966, this Chicago 45 certainly falls into the 'Doesn't disapoint' catergory.


Alvin Cash & The Registers


It's a great Boogaloo number which features an infectious rolling piano lick and killer bass line. It drops into the 'dance craze' vein of many of Alvin Cash's 45s and has plenty of the obligatory Cash styled "Ooooooh Weeeee's" thrown in, which help to elevate this dancefloor friendly monster. I'm certainly looking forward to dropping this over a big sound system at our next H&S night!

Hopefully you'll enjoy listening to this as much as I do!

Stay safe and I'll be back here shortly with some more of 'The Good Stuff' for you!


No comments: