Thursday 20 January 2011

Mr Double Down Presents Smooth Soul

I hope you're all ok and managed to catch Part One of Bold Soul Brother's excellent guest contribution? If you were late out of the blocks then I suggest you make haste and head HERE to pick it up. Part Two will be dropping on these pages very soon, so don't miss out!

We've also secured new dates for our ongoing South coast funk and soul night at La Havana Bar in Chichester, West Sussex. We're just over a week away from our return, so make sure you polish up your very best dancing shoes and pen these dates into your diaries!

Back to today's aural delicacies. After a very funky styled selection from Bold Soul Brother, I've decided to balance the equation out by dropping some slow burners and laid back soul sides on you all. This all 45 mix was put together from my collection and features singles that were picked up whilst digging in the field.
I hope you enjoy listening to this as much as I did putting it together for you. I'll be back after the weekend with the second part of Bold Soul Brother's guest mix, so don't go too far!



Track List


Gene Faith – My Baby’s Missing – Virtue

The Quickest Way Out – Hello Stranger – Karen Records

Anna King – Come On Home – Smash

The Emotions – My Honey And Me –Volt

Mary Jane Hooper – Teach Me – Power

The Superlatives – It’s Easy To Love – Wal-Ly Records

Betty Wright – I’ll Love You Forever – Alston

Freddy Wilson – Where Is She? – Eastbound Records

Aalon Butler And The New Breed Band – Please Give Me A Chance – PKC

Chuck Edwards – I Need You - Punch




No comments: