Thursday 20 January 2011

Guest Mix – Funky16Corners Meets The Hook & Sling- Baby You’ve Got It - 1Hr of 45's For Dancers

Welcome back! I hope you are all well rested and recuperated from the weekend and finding your stride as we roll on towards Christmas. Hopefully you enjoyed The Recession Sessions Mix from last week, look out for the next instalment soon!

I’m really excited to bring you this next episode of our ongoing Guest Mix Series, as we’re joined by none other than the hardest working man in the whole of the Blogosphere, Mr Larry Grogan!
My mind truly boggles at just how he manages to work 3 fantastic blogs as well as a weekly radio show around real life moves.
This is the second time Larry has graced us with a mix over here at The Hook And Sling (you can catch the previous mix he dropped a little over a year ago right HERE) and today’s offering is something I’m sure you’re going to really enjoy.
So without further ado, Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the one and only Larry Grogan!!!!



Greetings all.

When the folks at Hook and Sling asked me to pony up a new guest mix, I gave the matter some thought, and decided to whip a little something together that I’d been planning for Funky16Corners.
Though I’m no expert on the subject, I love me some Northern Soul, so I dipped into the crates, pulled out an hours worth of top shelf dancers and mix-i-fied them for your delectation.

I hope you dig it (and I hope you dance!)

Peace

Larry

Track list


Lou Courtney – Me And You Doing The Boogaloo (Riverside)

Jackie Lee – The Shotgun & The Duck (Mirwood)

Spinners – Sweet Thing (Tamla)

Fontella Bass & Bobby McClure – Don’t Mess Up A Good Thing (Checker)

Formations – At The Top Of The Stairs (MGM)

Young Holt Unltd – California Montage (Brunswick)

Ethics – Look At Me Now (Vent)

Volcanos – Storm Warning (Arctic)

Jackie Wilson – I Get The Sweetest Feeling (Brunswick)

Henry Lumpkin – Soul Is Taking Over (Buddah)

Maurice & The Radiants – Baby You’ve Got It (Chess)

Broadways – You Just Don’t Know How (MGM)

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles – Going To A Go Go (Tamla)

San Remo Golden Strings – I’m Satisifed (Ric Tic)

Lorraine Ellison – Call Me Anytime You Need Some Lovin’ (Mercury)

Fascinations – Girls Are Out To Get You (Mayfield)

Darrell Banks – Our Love Is In The Pocket (Revilot)

Billy Butler & The Chanters – Nevertheless (Okeh)

Cooperettes – Shingaling (Brunswick)

Bernard Williams & The Original Blue Notes – It’s Needless To Say (Harthon)

Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers – If You Love Her Let Her Go (Gordy)

Marvelows – I Do (ABC)

Olympics – Good Lovin’ (Loma)

Rex Garvin & The Mighty Cravers – I Gotta Go Now (Up On The Floor) (Like)


DOWNLOAD AND ENJOY FUNKY16CORNERS MEETS THE HOOK AND SLING - ' BABY YOU GOT IT' HERE

No comments: