Thursday 20 January 2011

Guest Mix - Aaron Anderson (Ann Arbor Soul Club) Presents The Gospel Mix

What’s good people?

I hope the beginning of a new week finds you all well and good? After a weekend of burning the proverbial candle at both ends I return here with a brand new Guest contributor for your aural delectation!



Aaron Anderson AKA Breakself, aside from being a stand up guy, is also one part of The Ann Arbor Soul Club along with Robert Wells, Brad Hales and Breck T. Bunce. Their night runs the first Friday of every month at The Blind Pig, and these guys SERIOUSLY know how to throw a party!


The Dance Floor @ The Ann Arbor Soul Club


I’ve been trying to pin Aaron down for a guest mix ever since I had the pleasure of DJing at Bump & Hustle with him last year and with his schedule finally permitting he has come through with a blistering Gospel Funk mix for you!



Inspired by the Numero Compilation ‘Good God! Born Again Funk’ which you can check out HERE, this is a mixture of 45s as well as some rarer LP cuts that’s sure to get your week off to a good start!

Ladies and gentlemen give it up for Aaron Anderson…..



“I play a couple of monthly parties around Michigan including The Ann Arbor Soul Club and The Detroit Funk Night. I've been collecting for close to a decade, but didn't get serious about it until 2004 or so.

Shout outs to the inimitable Brad Hales of People's Records, Detroit, Northern Rob, Frank Raines, and Breckula "SoulHawk" Bunce.

Anyone who wishes to contact me may reach me via email at: aaronda45[at]gmail.com

Aaron Anderson

Track List


La Vice & Co.- "Thoughs Were the Days"

Scott Singers - "When The Saints Go Marching In"

Mourning Doves - "Come Out the Wilderness"

Charles Hayes Singers - "Road Of Life"

The Swan Silvertones - "A Leak In This Old Building"

Andrew Wartts & The Gospel Storytellers "Peter & John"

The Sensational Skylarks - "Jesus, Oh How I Love You"

The Greater Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church- "I Want Jesus To Walk With Me"

The Sensational Silvertones - "I Know A Man"

Ada-O - "I'm Drunk And Real High In Spirit Of God"

The Victory Travelers - "New Born Soul"

The Jericho Travelers Of Detroit- "Mother Is Gone"

The Soul Revivals - "Trouble Of The World"

Miss Willis - "I Am Keeping My Eyes On High"

The Soul Revivers - "I'll Fly Away"

The Testimonial Singers- "Fallow Ground"

Dwain Vinyard - "Searching For The Truth"

Download Aaron Anderson (Ann Arbor Soul Club) Presents The Gospel Mix HERE


No comments: