Thursday 20 January 2011

“We Get Down”

I hope the end of the week finds you all well and good?
The gallery page has now been updated with some of the photos from our last event so go take a quick peek now! I want to extend my thanks to all those that contacted us to say how much they enjoyed the night, your feed back means a lot to us!



To help push us into the weekend, I’ve got a track for you today that was previously firmly glued to my play out box. As I’ve made new acquisitions it was given a well earned rest, and it’s only recently I’ve remembered just how great it is!



Joseph Henry’s ‘I Feel Alright is the flipside of Who’s The King? (You Know That’s Me) and was originally given its first release on the now defunct Desco label. The version featured here was re-released on the formidable Daptone Records just after Joseph Henry sadly died in 2005. Commendably, proceeds from the 45’s sale were donated to the American Cancer Society. ‘I feel Alright’ is a tasty guitar led funk gem that I feel was always slightly over looked due to Who’s The King? being such a monster hit on the funk scene.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with his work I highly recommend that you go back through some of the past mixes on these pages or head on over to the Daptone Records Website and check out some of the other sides he released as I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!

Enjoy today’s 45, stay safe and we’ll be back after the weekend with some more treats for you.




No comments: