Thursday 20 January 2011

Mr Double Down Presents I Gotta Lotta Love

Welcome back and I hope you’re all well rested and ready for more of the ‘Good Stuff’?


Our monthly night at The Brown Sugar Bar was another success, with plenty of heads turning out again. I’d like to take a second to thank Jamie C for rolling by and dropping another heavy set which went down a storm with our newly adopted breakers and dancers alike! Also to everyone else that made the effort to come down, both new faces and regulars, all your support is hugely appreciated!! We return Saturday 11th October, so pen it in the diary now!



On to today’s mix and I’ve pulled out a few deeper cuts for you. First up, Check the hand drawn label on the Glenda Dove track, which IMHO is almost as good as the music in the grooves (only just!!) I’ve also included the b-side to the David Robinson track which I posted in my last mix, as it seemed to turn some heads over the last few days. It also doesn’t get any deeper than the Della Reece track, which I have been overlooking for some time now, due to the fantastic A side (another one for later)

Check back here later on in the week, as I should have rounded up the rest of the photo’s from Saturday for your viewing pleasure. I’ll be posting them up with a few more treats for you!
Enjoy!

Track list (Click on individual track titles for label scans)


Glenda Dove – It’s Gotta Be Something Else – Lucky Dove

The Third Guitar – Lovin’ Lies – Rojac

Jerry O – Karate Boo-Ga-Loo – Jay Boy

David Robinson – I Care For You – Orbitone

Carla Thomas – Pick Up The Pieces – Stax

Marva Whitney – Soul Sisters (Of The World Unite) – Shout

The Superlatives – Lonely In A Crowd – Westbound Records

Darrow Fletcher – Dolly Baby - Uni

Della Reece – If Loving You Is Wrong (I Don’t Want to Be Right) - People

Latin Breed – I Turned You On – Funk45




No comments: