Thursday 20 January 2011

Mr Double Down & Jamie C Present Music Is The Answer

What's good Snitches?

As we hurtle towards the yearly debacle that is Christmas, I thought I'd roll by here with an early and quite frankly long over due present for you all.

I know, I know.... I've got to get my priorities right! Well hopefully this should make amends for the lack of output here recently.

In all honestly, I've actually been sat on this for a while, but at long last I've finally managed to peel myself away from 'Planet Non-Stop' for five minutes in order to edit and post a special mix that I jointly put together with long time Hook & Sling collaborator and contributor, Jamie C.


Jamie C (Left) & Mr Double Down (Right)


We compiled this, as well as a sequel which is primed and ready to go, over several beers a short while back. Recorded in one continuous take this features a nice mix of Funk and Soul 45s, with a few special treats dropped in for good measure.

Most of these 45s are over looked gems and can be found with a small amount of leg work and a few hard earned dollars on the interwebs. The general thead through the mix is all about the music, which as it says on the tin is the answer!

All that remains is to gently remind you that our now not so secret Betterdays Reunion warehouse party in East London is finally dropping this Friday 17th December. I'll be hooking up with my old DJ crew for a special one off Soul, Funk and Disco extravaganza. All the details you need to find it and get in can be found by looking through my Twitter feed in the right hand box.

Stay safe, enjoy the mix and don't forget to drop by this Friday and say hey if you're in East London. I'll catch you on the flip side with some more treats.



Track List


Mr Double Down


The Inner Drive - Party Man - Zodiac

King Rubin & The Counts - Party Girl - Top Pop

Vera Hamilton - But I Ain't No More (G.S.T.S.K.D.T.S.) - Epic

Dave 'Baby' Cortez - Gettin' To The Point - Chess

The Interpretations - Soul Affection - Bell

Soul Toranodoes - Funky Thang - Burt

Jamie C


Ruby Andrews - You Can Run (But You Can't Hide) - Zodiac

Sam Dees - Don't Keep Me Hangin' On - Lolo

Unknown - Unknown - White Label

David Gage - Second Chance - One Way

Ann Peebles - Beware - London

Serena Johnson - All Work & No Play - Big 2

Mr Double Down


Al Supersonic And The Teenagers - Lean On Me - Unique


No comments: