Thursday 20 January 2011

Mr Double Down Presents The Kick Back

I hope your weekend was as good as mine. Amongst a bunch of other stuff I squeezed in a visit to a record fair, which yielded a few nice bits. I even managed to score a couple off of my ever-growing ‘magic porridge pot’ styled wants list. All will be appearing in forthcoming mixes for these pages.

So it’s Monday and we’re back with a brand new mix for you! The selections today are all solid funk 45’s, a few N'awlins styled groovers as well as a cut from my favourite female vocalist, ‘Soul Sister No1, ‘Marvelous’ Marva Whitney.

Kick Back and enjoy!



Track list (Click on individual track titles for label scans)

The Headhunters – God Made me Funky – Arista Records

The Explosions – Hip Drop Pt 1 – Gold Cup

Rickey Calloway & His N.T. Express –Get It Right – Kay-Dee

Lee Dorsey – Ride Your Pony – Stateside

Thomas East And The Fabulous Playboys – I Get A Groove – Toddlin’ Town

Soul Suspects – “Handle It” – Black Prince

Marva Whitney - Daddy Don’t Know About Sugar Bears – Mojo


We’re back At The Brown Sugar Bar on Saturday 12th April (All the details are below)


No comments: