Tuesday 18 January 2011

Mr Double Down's Something For The Weekend Mix

So we near the end of another working week and the light of weekend freedom is at the end of the proverbial tunnel! One thing I've really been enjoying about doing this blog is the fact it's prompted me to dig through my collection and turn out some 45's I'd long forgotten about.

So today's offering is a small selection of early R & B singles for you, that seem to have fallen by the wayside of recent. I hope you enjoy listening to them as much as I did putting them together!

By the way, a big "Happy Birthday" is in order for the Hook And Sling's very own resident Dj, The Popcorn King for this Sunday!

something.jpg

TrackList (Click on the individual track names below for label scans)

James Brown And The Famous Flames - Mash Potatoes USA - King

Nat Kendrick And The Swans - (Do The) Mash Potatoes - Dade

Count Rockin Sidney With The Dukes - Put It On - Goldband

Lee Dorsey - Give Me You - Fury

Andre Williams And His Orchestra - Sweet Little Pussycat - Wingate

Hank Ballard - "Do It Zulu Style" - King

Lee Calvin - You Got Me - Sansu



No comments: